Burbank currently has three mandatory programs that affect commercial construction only. At this time, the ordinance affecting light wood-framed residential construction is voluntary. The requirements are located in Burbank Municipal Code Title 9, Chapter 1, Article 7.
- 9-1-7-100 Unreinforced Masonry Buildings
- 9-1-7-200 Reinforced Concrete & Masonry Buildings
- 9-1-7-600 Welded Steel Moment Frame Buildings
- 9-1-7-A300 Seismic Strengthening of Cripple Walls and Sill Plate Anchorage of Light, Wood-Frame Residential Buildings
- 9-1-7-A400 Earthquake Hazard Reduction in Existing Wood Frame Residential Buildings with Soft, Weak or Open Front Walls (Soft-Story)
- 9-1-7-A500 Earthquake Reduction in Existing Concrete and Concrete with Masonry Infill Buildings
Call Retrofit1 today- we provide both retrofit engineering and retrofit construction. 1-844-4Retro1 (473-8761).